School Learning Expectations
A FAITH-FILLED PERSON WHO…
- Demonstrates Catholic Christian values and attitudes by modeling them in everyday life.
- Participates actively in a faith community.
- Knows the basic fundamental beliefs of his/her faith.
- Shows an ongoing, personal relationship with God through prayer.
- Shows compassion towards others by a willingness to share time, talent and treasure.
- Makes Decisions according to an informed conscience.
A CONTRIBUTING MEMBER OF SOCIETY WHO…
- Exhibits a confidence in his/her values as an individual with the potential to make a difference.
- Appreciates diverse cultures and opinions.
- Demonstrates positive citizenship and leadership by contributing to the welfare of others by volunteering for community, country and the democratic process.
A SELF-DIRECTED PERSON WHO…
- Exhibits a personal responsibility for learning and for his/her actions.
- Displays an enthusiasm to be a life-long learner.
- Sets goals and implements a course of action to achieve them.
- Exhibits self-reliance by seeing what needs to be done and responding appropriately.
- Makes choices based on acquired knowledge and Christian values.
- Exhibits self-awareness by seeking help when needed.
A CRITICAL THINKER WHO…
- Has a strong academic foundation.
- Uses technology to synthesize and evaluate new information.
- Implements appropriate strategies to analyze, interpret, solve and evaluate various problems. Identifies real-life problems and chooses the most effective means of solving them.
- Questions and answers objectively, analytically, and appropriately.
- Evaluates and criticizes his/her own thinking strategies (or meta-cognitive abilities).
AN EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATOR WHO…
- Utilizes all available tools for communication.
- Articulates thoughts clearly, accurately, and creatively using both verbal and written expressions.
- Listens actively, is receptive to new ideas and can dialogue with others.
- Formulates meaningful questions and assesses information.
- Expresses acquired knowledge on a wide variety of subjects.
- Works cooperatively and collaborates in a variety of situations.
AN AESTHETICALLY AWARE INDIVIDUAL WHO…
- Demonstrates an appreciation for the creative expression of others (music, literature, visual and performing arts)
- Recognizes, appreciates and respect the beauty of God’s creation.
- Participates in and enjoys the artistic process as well as the results.
- Identifies his/her own potential for creativity.
A HEALTH-CONSCIOUS INDIVIDUAL WHO…
- Maintains and shows respect for the emotional, mental, spiritual and physical health for oneself and others.
- Is educated in the value of good nutrition and exercise for the sake of good health and positive self-image.
- Can communicate an understanding of substance abuse; its negative effects and consequences..
- Expresses a healthy understanding of human sexuality.