- Safeguard the Children provides ongoing support, education, training and resources to help prevent child sexual abuse and to address children’s safety in our parishes, schools, homes and communities. (Includes VIRTUS Training) Learn More.
- Victims Assistance Ministry:
Provides victims/survivors of sexual abuse assistance with reporting sexual misconduct, and helps obtain support for the needs of the individual and families. Learn More.
- Fingerprinting & V.P.I.N:
All clergy, paid parish/school personnel and volunteers who work regularly in a supervisory role with children or youth must be fingerprinted. Information on fingerprinting schedule and locations is published monthly. Learn More.
- Megan’s Law and the Archdiocese’s “Zero Tolerance Policy”:
The State of California and the Archdiocese of Los Angeles have adopted rules and policies concerning persons who are registered sex offenders in an effort to enhance the safety of all children and youth. Learn More.
- Reports & Audit Summaries
Includes the 2004 Report to the People of God, USCCB Audit Summaries, and the 2013 release of files of clergy.
- “I Will Appoint You Shepherds After My Own Heart”
A Pastoral Statement by Cardinal Roger M. Mahony, February 21, 2002.
For more information go to the Los Angeles Archdiocese website http://www.la-archdiocese.org/org/protecting/Pages/default.aspx